Complete the following for time:
30 Clean and jerks (M: 135 lbs, W: 95 lbs)
1 Mile run
10 Rope climbs
1 Mile run
Posted on CFNE on 12 October 2015
Complete 5 rounds for time of:
50 Feet barbell overhead walking lunges (M: 45 lbs, W: 33 lbs)
Let trailing knee gently kiss the ground on each lunge.
Posted on CF Main Site on 14 October 2015
BB Challenge Update
Great first week, everyone! We worked through a few hiccups, and now I think most of you are charging hard and sticking to it. Here are a few things that came up during the week that I would like to clarify.
- On the meal plan, the meats listed in the ingredients are listed as uncooked amounts. This refers to the amount listed in the recipe itself and in the blue bubble. Measure your meats before you cook them!
- On the meal plan, there are a few items such as the Triple Bean Salad and Quinoa Enchilada Casserole that do not have meat in them. The ingredients in these still have a ton of protein so don’t feel like you are not getting any protein with these dishes.
- Keep in mind that if there is a day on the meal plan that you do not like, you can repeat a day that you do like. It sounds like some of you might have wheat allergies from how you are reacting to the pasta and oatmeal. We can make changes for your diet accordingly. Talk to me.
- If you feel like the breakfasts on the meal plan are too large – maybe you normally do not eat breakfast – you can split that meal into 2 sittings. Or, you could change up the order of the meals you eat. Start with a light snack and then eat your breakfast mid-morning.
- If you feel like you have gained a little weight, this is typical when you start eating more protein and gaining muscle. However, you should still be loosing inches. So, you can take your measurements now and again in a few weeks if you are worried about this. Again, we do not recommend that you obsess over the scale and weigh yourself every day of this Challenge.
- If you are using My Fitness Pal to count your macros, hitting within 5 grams of your Protein, Carbs and Fats, is what you are aiming for. You must hit within 5 macros of each category in order to get your 5 points. You do not need to look at the overall calories and try to hit within 5 calories of zero there! That would probably be impossible.
- Please log your points on the spreadsheet in the two separate rows assigned to you. Your top row is only for when you get within 5 +/- on the macros. That row should have 5 points logged when you hit it or 0 points logged when you don’t. All other points should be totaled and logged in your second row.
- When entering items and meals in My Fitness Pal, try to select items with a green check mark (this means its macros have been verified). Try not to select meals that are already in the system, like Bean Salad, because the proportions of ingredients are probably not the same as what you made. Use your scanner as much as possible because that will then allow you to log the exact item you are eating.
- In general, veggies like mushrooms, zucchini, and squash are low in caloric value. While you should still measure them, eating a little extra of these is not the same thing as eating extra of more starchy carbs like potatoes, rice or bread. Veggies are almost free when counting macros! Don’t get caught up in the size of the vegetable you select.
Keep up the outstanding work! It will pay off. Please reach out to your coach or to me if you have any questions or concerns.